Monday, July 28, 2014

New Show, New Paintings with Watercolor


‘PROGRESSIONS’ Exhibit at Sage Gallery - Bend Oregon

This new HIGH DESERT ART LEAGUE exhibit features fresh artworks relating to the theme ‘Progressions’. Twelve Member artists display their new artworks. 
                                               These 3 watercolors are by Vivian Olsen

"LONE WOLF"  watercolor

A few definitions are - advancement toward a goal step by step; continuous improvement; and a succession or series. 

"SPOTTED OWL"   watercolor







I’
ve been painting portraits of animals for years with traditional methods and am now ‘reaching outside the Box’ with experimental methods toward some new goals.







I still paint my favorite subjects - animals, but with a new approach - these Wolves and an Owl are just a few of the wonderful animals I love to paint.



"TIMBER WOLF"   watercolor


I feel I’ve achieved a small step toward our theme with these 3 new watercolors, all inspired by my recent studies of new, innovative techniques with a Master artist. 

Opens August 1, '14 for 1 month.  Artist's Reception  First Friday 5:30 -  August 1


No comments:

Post a Comment