Saturday, March 30, 2013

Birds and Others in Pen and Ink


Wildlife Illustrations              

"Wolves"   Pen and Ink Drawing with Wash

                                                                                     For many years I did fine drawings with pen and ink, and later created drawings of wildlife on copper plates and produced fine prints as hand-pulled etchings.

My current interests about birds and other animals continues from working in previous years as an assistant to a research biologist in the back country in 3 different Western states. I observed, captured, and tagged ducks and cranes in their marsh habitats. I also raised several cranes for research

During those years I also did paintings and detailed illustrations of wildlife for the Research Center at the Univ. of Idaho, and for publications by the Fish and Wildlife Department in South Dakota.
"Dancing Cranes"


Some recent examples of my illustrations are these new sketches of Sandhill Cranes that I did for the book "TARSI - The Sandhill Crane" written by Liz Thach recently published and sold by Amazon. 

"Tarsi Baby"  graphite sketches

   

No comments:

Post a Comment